At Discounted-Hotels-London.co.uk we highly value your trust in choosing to use our website for your online hotel reservation. We therefore attentively safeguard and protect the personal data you provide, (including your credit card details). This document describes how we use your personal data across all of our platforms, and how to contact us if you have any questions about that data. Your privacy is important, and we only act in our customer’s best interests when processing data.
This statement may be updated from time to time, so please revisit this policy regularly to see the latest version to know how we process your data. Should there be any changes to this statement that will have an impact on you (e.g. we need to process your personal data for a different purpose than currently communicated in this statement), we will do our best to notify you of these changes in advance.
If you do not agree with this privacy statement, you should not use our services.
For the purposes of this statement, ‘Accommodation provider’ or any similar term refers to any business or supplier with whom we have a direct contract to provide accommodation for you; this includes hotels, guest houses, hostels, apartments, and our third party suppliers who act as an agent to book the accommodation on our behalf.
In this statement, we cover:
- What information we collect, and why
- With whom we share your information
- How you can control the data we hold (your rights)
- Data Retention / Cookies
- Who is collecting your information
What information we collect, and why
To process your reservation online, we request your name, the name of the guests, telephone number, email address, and your address. We also require a credit/debit card to make an online booking, which will either be processed by us directly or passed directly to the accommodation provider (depending on the type of reservation). You may submit or we may request additional information to process any special requests related to the reservation (e.g. preferences for the room). Should you contact us for customer service, we will process your data via that medium also (may include phone or email). In such cases, the accommodation provider may provide us with additional personal data from you, which we will process in the same way as the rest of the information obtained for the reservation. We also automatically collect information from your computer whilst you are using our online service, such as your IP address and the browser you are using, plus supplemental information via cookies; you can find more information about cookies below. Since you may be booking accommodation on behalf of someone else, please note that it is solely your responsibility to ensure that any such person / people are aware you have provided their personal data, and they have understood and accepted how we will use their information (as described in this statement).
1. We collect this information primarily to facilitate your accommodation booking, which is essential for your reservation to be confirmed and the accommodation provider to be appropriately notified. Without that, we would be unable to perform this service, nor would the accommodation provider be able to make the reservation.
2. We also use this information to help you with the reservation once made, providing customer service, and answering any queries you may have.
3. Additionally, we may use your data to help assess potential risks, maintain security, and detect and prevent fraud and other such unwarranted or illegal activities. For these purposes, we may have to place certain reservations on hold while they are being assessed.
4. Lastly, we may need to use your information for the enforcement of our booking terms, handling and resolution of legal disputes, complying with regulatory investigations, and responding to requests from law enforcement agencies.
We rely on the following legal bases to process your data, which are essential for us to perform the requested reservation service:
When you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use the information you provide to carry out our obligations in completing and administrating that reservation, in accordance with the contract that we then have with you. This information is then shared with the relevant accommodation provider in order for them to complete their part of the contract; more details about this are featured in a later section of this notice.
- Legitimate Interests
Our accommodation providers for whom we process this data have a legitimate interest in the information, since it is required to hold a reservation for them (e.g. they need to know the names of who will be staying, and how to contact them in the event of an issue) and take payment according to the terms of the reservation.
We may also need to use this information for fraud detection, and other legal purposes.
You are providing your personal data for the clear purpose of making a reservation; this data is required for the accommodation provider to hold the room(s), process payment(s), and contact you in the event of any issue with the reservation.
For the first 2 purposes (making the reservation and customer service), we rely on the basis that the processing of your personal data is required to carry out the contractual requirements, and is legitimate interest of our company to help our customers and continue our stated business. If the required personal data is not provided, we would be unable to make your booking or provide customer service.
For the third purpose (assessment of risks), we rely on the legitimate interests of our company to provide, maintain, and improve our services, and prevent harm to ourselves, our accommodation providers, and our customers.
For the final purpose, we rely on the need to comply with any legal obligations.
Children (under 18 years old):
Our services are solely for the use of persons who are at least 18 years of age. Should a reservation include any person less than 18 years old, this is only permitted where the parent or guardian has provided valid consent, in which case they authorise us to process their child’s data as part of their reservation. Should we become aware that anyone under 18 years old has provided their personal data without the consent of their parent or guardian, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation without notice and any responsibility for the booking policy (including cancellation fees) will fall on the parent or guardian.
With whom we share your information
The accommodation provider:
We will provide personal data to law enforcement and other relevant authorities as required by law (or where otherwise strictly necessary) for the prevention or prosecution of criminal activity or any other situation in which we have a legal obligation. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of the accommodation providers or our other business partners / suppliers.
Depending on where the accommodation provider is located, and due to the nature of the internet, your data may be transferred to countries outside the European Union. We shall use best practices when doing so, attempting to only transfer personal data to locations that offer adequate protection, however we can provide no warranty for the safety of data should it be transferred outside of our control by a third party without our express knowledge and authorisation.
How you can control the data we hold
You are entitled to:
the right to be informed;
- This statement informs you how we process your data the right of access;
- You may contact us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you the right to rectification;
- You may contact us to inform us of any changes to your personal data, or ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you.
the right to erasure;
- (In certain situations) You can ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. the right to restrict processing;
- (In certain situations) You can ask us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you.
the right to data portability;
- (In certain situations) Ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
- In the event you wish to contact us about your data or obtain a copy of the data we hold about you (at no cost to you), please use the contact details provided below.
the right to object;
- Should we use your personal data purely on the basis of consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time, subject to applicable laws / regulations.
- Should we process your personal data based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling;
- We do not currently undertake any such automated profiling; this statement will be updated should our business practices change in this regard.
We rely on you to ensure that any personal data you provide to us is correct and accurate; please contact us as soon as you become aware of any incorrect information or the need for changes to the data we hold about you.
Should you not receive a satisfactory answer from us within the statutory time limits (or reasonable time if extenuating circumstances occur), you may exercise your right to contact the data protection authority within your area / country.
Cookies / Data Retention
We undertake reasonable processes to maintain the security of the personal data we hold and prevent unauthorised access, including security procedures and limitations on how the data can be accessed (including who can access it and where). We retain your data as long as may be necessary to continue retaining your reservation, or assist the accommodation provider with any queries that may result from your reservation, or to comply with any legal obligations to share data with financial institutions or law enforcement agencies.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed in your web browser software whilst you are viewing a website, which helps the website to interact with the software for the purposes of advanced functions on the site, recognising and remembering your preferences or your searches on the site, and improving our services by measuring how you and other visitors use the website. The types of information that we collect through cookies include IP address; browser type; browsing information; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; the referring URL; and features used or activities engaged in within the website/apps. To learn more about cookies, you may visit websites such as www.whatarecookies.com or www.allaboutcookies.org. There may also be more information available in your web browser’s settings, including the option to control which cookies are accepted. Should you select the option to deny certain cookies, your use of the website and our system may be restricted.
Who is collecting your information
Advertising Online Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of this statement. We are located, and were incorporated as a company, in the UK.
Our contact details are as follows:
Address: Suite A, Birch House, Almond Road, St Neots, Saint Neots PE19 1DZ
Secure your credit card information
We use the appropriate business systems and procedures, to protect and safeguard your personal data provided to us. All credit holder data is transmitted over "Secure Socket Layer" (SSL) technology. Our website has been designed in accordance with the Open Web Application Security Project and has passed the Security Metrics PCI scan validation requirement for this type of website.